Stephen E. Woodbridge
I own and operate a business, http://imaptools.com,
that builds and licenses tools to spatial enable our clients applications and
businesses. We have solutions for mapping, geocoding, reverse
geocoding, routing, driving directions and demographics in addition to other interesting
geospatial technology. Our clients are active in location-based services for store and product locators, fleet and asset management, GPS tracking and real estate marketing.
- Web-based applications
- Programming Languages and Environments
- Multi-platform and multi-site development
- ISO 9000; SEI Capability and Maturity Model (CMM)
- Process work flows and Process Re-engineering
- Linux, UNIX, PC, Windows, Macintosh hardware and operating systems
- Current member of the UMN Mapserver technical Steering commitee and actively support users on the support mailing list. (2006 - present)
- Genealogy web server
http://swoodbridge.com/family/ using Perl, PHP, and MySQL or Postgres
- I have developed a business around
http://imaptools.com, which offers solutions to spatially enable my clients websites and businesses. The tools we offer include mapping, geocoding, reverse geocoding, demographics, routing. We offer low cost geospatial solutions and consulting.
- Owner - I have applied my extensive experience to build a business around my knowledge and expertise. This include building and packaging of products and providing consulting in the geospatial industry. Our goal is to quickly enable our clients with geospatial technology running on their servers at a reason price.
- Senior developer and geospatial engineer. I maintain, develop and deploy all software and data related to geocoding, mapping, and routing. I designed, developed and maintain all the infrastructure for doing quarterly update of vendor data like Navteq, MelissaData, TeleAtlas, TIGER/Line and others. I also contribute to the application development with design and coding.
- Designed, developed and managed process to convert and prepare 500,000 USGS DOQQ files into geotiff files for use with UMN Mapserver requiring nearly 20 TB of disk space.
- Assembled and configured and managed the 10 Linux servers that the data is housed on.
- Designed and build various aspects of the topozone.com web site.
- iMapTools.com - software product development (C, PHP, and HTML)
- Luca Pescatore - Mapserver development, Webcheck.it development (PHP)
- Curriculum Associates - web site work (Perl, HTML and ASP)
- IAM Inc - web-based map server enhancements (C and HTML)
Progress Software Corporation, Bedford, MA 1999-2000
Product Manager Applications Management 1999-2000
- Researched product requirements and developed strategic plan for new product offering. Developed and presented customer presentation. Evaluated make/buy plans product delivery.
Science Application International Corporation, Wakefield, MA 1998-1999
Quality Assurance Manager 1998-1999
- Planned and managed the operations Process Improvement activities as SPI champion.
- Provided staff training in Common Approach Orientation; company-certified trainer for Software Process Group Operations and Introduction to the SEI's CMM for Software.
- Provided technical and process review and oversight to over 10 projects, improving quality and customer satisfaction.
- Performed client assessments and action plans to resolve issues resulting in improved customer relations and repeat business.
- Performed SEI CMM-based CBA-IPI assessment of SAIC Vienna Operations.
- Performed project management on various projects.
Computervision Corp., Bedford, MA 1980-1998
Sr. Manager of R&D Programs and Planning, Software Engineering Process Group 1996-1998
- Designed and deployed ISO 9000 and SEI CMM compliant Quality System resulting in increased product quality and increased predictability in time-to-market.
- Developed the deployment plan and worked with the appropriate management toward putting it in place.
- Assessed the organization on a quarterly basis for compliance with SEI CMM, performed regular internal audits against ISO 9000 and reported results on Intranet web site.
- Compiled gap analysis and developed gap closure plans with management.
- Developed and documented procedures with clean organizational boundaries and responsibilities resulting in increased both quality and time-to-market.
- Automated a Document and Data Control system using web-based technology that reduced document access times from 4 days to 5 minutes and automated other quality system tasks.
- Trained and coached over 60 managers and staff in various aspects of the Quality System.
- Presented Quality System deployment plans and status to customers and management.
Manager of CV-DORS Business Development 1995-1998
- Designed and deployed new business processes reducing the overhead from 4 people to 1 person part-time and realigned marketing and sales group to new corporate directions.
- Redesigned and renegotiated 15 contracts with third parties resulting in faster response times and better protection of corporate assets. Managed all customers and prospects contacts.
Sr. Manager of R&D Programs and Planning 1993-1994
- Managed the development of the core libraries that the CADDS modeler is built on.
- Built a team that delivered high quality products while on a tight schedule during significant organizational changes and retained all key personnel.
Manager of Personal CAD/CAM Research and Development 1985-1994
- Managed the development and product release of the Personal Designer family of products, which was developed at multiple sites and released on multiple platforms.
- Championed desktop CAD/CAM; prototyped concept that convinced management to fund a "green house" project, which grew into the Personal CAD/CAM Business Unit.
- Budgeted, planned staffing, scheduled and managed the software development and 3rd party deliverables for Personal Designer, Personal Machinist, Versacad Drafter, Versacad Designer and Versacad MAC Edition product lines.
- Planned and managed downsizing, restructuring and redeployment of resources in 1994 when business unit was closed.
Product Manager of User Programming Tools and Finite Element Modeling 1980-1985
- Defined marketing requirements and negotiated features with development managers.
- Developed marketing collaterals. Coordinated annual user conference workshops.
Harris Corp., Palm Bay, Fl. Prior to 1980
- Programmer and Computer Support Analyst
- Lab Technician, Electronic Failure Analysis
BS Business Administration and Economics with Honors, Rollins College, Orlando, FL